Popular Posts

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Some interersting biotechs

Some of my favorite Biotech stocks right now:

1. Antares Pharmaceuticals*, as you can see through http://seekingalpha.com/article/1292491-antares-a-compelling-long-term-investment, I lay out some of the reasons why I personally own this stock as well as some compelling reasons that I believe that other people should own this stock.

2. Titan Pharmaceuticals*- This company recently received a positive opinion from an FDA advisory panel, and received a massive boost in share-price as a result. I would look for it to "fill the gap" between where it was pre-panel and post-panel, before the PDUFA date. http://seekingalpha.com/article/1296401-why-titan-pharmaceuticals-is-currently-undervalued

3. Looking for a little bit more long-term: An interesting buy at current price levels is Dynavax Pharmaceuticals (DVAX). The interesting part is that you are banking that they are not going to have to run  any more trials, as that would hurt the share-price substantially. However, not having to run more trials would allow for a short-turn around time on a response to the CRL, and look for DVAX's meeting with the FDA to end up being positive. Remember that the FDA was the one who asked them to increase the age group, a main concern of the committee. If DVAX refiles relatively quickly we could see a run-up start all over again and subsequently, see huge gains on the stock.

4. Another more long-term idea is to invest in Amarin. Now I know what you all are saying, Amarin, we have been down that road before. However, I believe that the commercial potential of Vascepa, is huge. Also the Anchor indication coming up could help to boost the patient population. I would own this stock over the long-term.

 Note: stocks with astricks (*) indicate stocks that I currently own. Note: if you would like for me to go more in-depth in any of my stocks please post a comment and I will do my best to go more in-depth.

This post is meant for entertainment and informational purposes only. This does not constitute investment advice, or an offer to buy or sell securities. Conduct your own due diligence before investing. I have not been compensated for writing this post by any source except amaxstockideas.blogspot.com. Happy investing.

No comments:

Post a Comment